Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the questions I get asked most frequently by families inquiring about lessons! Feel free to contact me directly if your question is not answered below.
1. Will I need a piano or keyboard if I am going to take piano lessons?
Yes! Daily practice is vital to achieving success on any instrument.
2. Do you charge a registration fee?
3. Are lessons set up on a recurring basis?
Yes! I will work with you to set up a weekly slot for you or your child's lesson.
4. How often should I practice?
This depends on the age and goals of the student. A beginner should practice at least
fifteen minutes a day, at least five days a week. As a student progresses and the music
becomes more difficult, the amount of practice time must increase to ensure satisfactory
5. Will I need to purchase my own lesson materials?
Yes. Students/parents are responsible for purchasing their own books and instrument
6. Can I be in the room when my child takes their lesson?
Yes! This is highly encouraged, especially for younger children.
7. Do you teach adults?
Yes! I love working with adults, whether they are beginners or comeback players. Adult
students currently make up 30% of my studio.
8. How do I know my child is musical?
All children are musical! Lessons help to refine children's inherently musical traits.